I thought having braces was going to do the following;
- Ruin my life
- Make me look like a complete monster
- Make me repulsive to the opposite sex
- Give people another reason to take the piss out me
- Make me talk like an idiot
- Make me look unprofessional at work and not be taken seriously
- Cut my Boyfriends lip to pieces every time I kiss him
- Prevent me from smiling
- Make me miserable
- Ruin my life!!!
Turns out none of that has happened and isn't likely to happen.
- Braces haven't ruined my life they have actually made it much better because I'm so close to having lovely functioning teeth!
- I don't look like a complete monster, (I do in the morning, but I did anyway before braces) I look like me, just with braces.
- Braces do not send boys running to throw up. I've had my fair share of offers over the last 8 months or so.
- The people that take the piss, will take the piss no matter what.
- I sometimes mess words up and spit occasionally but hey everyone does that from time to time anyway, I just take my time with certain words and sounds.
- It's how I perform and conduct myself at work that gets me noticed and respected, having braces actually makes me stand out from the crowd and makes people remember me.
- Not once have my braces assaulted my boyfriend, my lips on the other hand, are a different story!
- I smile more with my lovely straight braced teeth than I did with my horrible messed up pre braces teeth.
- Sometimes when they are cutting your lip up or it's your 3rd day on soup after a tightening it can get tedious, but I always remember my end goal and pick myself up again!
- Braces haven't ruined my life, they have made it better, so, so, so much better!
Happy Valentines Day Braces & Happy Valentines Day to my fellow Braced Bloggers and Readers!