Monday 30 April 2012

So you've chosen to have all that done?!

I took the day off work on Friday and spent the morning in one of my favourite places, the hairdressers. As we were discussing my new cut that would suit my face shape I told him about my surgery and said that in a couple of years he would have a slightly different face shape to work with. His response like most people that I've talked to about my surgery was, "So you've chosen to have all that done? You've agreed to have both your jaws broken, cut and moved?!" 
I don't really find this response surprising, I suppose for someone that doesn't have to choose such drastic and daunting measures as a necessity to improve their bite, the way they eat, their speech or even their self confidence, the whole procedure can seem like such an odd thing to sign yourself up for.
But for someone that longs to able to bite into pizza, or eat an apple whole, or smile showing teeth, or to be able to walk down the street without fear of being called names, orthognathic surgery is wholeheartedly embraced and accepted because we know that after the braces, the surgery, the discomfort, the swelling and the liquid diet that we will be able to do all of those things. 

And on a lighter note, here are some pictures of me and my mum trying on silly hats in TK Maxx when we went  shopping for my holiday clothes on Saturday! 


















P.S I will get round to taking some pictures of my face and teeth before the braces go on, only 4 weeks and 3 days to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment